New Officer>>what's your opinion?
Inmates try and test the limits of every new employee so don’t take it personal. They want to see what they can get away with and so on under your watch. Once you get a reputation with the inmates for the way you do things stuff will get easier, this is where the FFC rule really helps. ...
2013 Cases Shaping the Corrections Environment By Robert Winters, JD, Professor, School of Criminal Justice, Kaplan University
The summer of 2013 saw activity in the courts that produced, or had the potential to produce, significant impacts on corrections in two major areas. The first was overcrowding, with California’s perennial overpopulation problems reaching the U.S. Supreme Court. The second was privatized prison operations.
On August 2 the U.S. Supreme Court refused to grant California a stay of an order from the three-judge panel that is overseeing the state’s efforts to reduce overcrowding. ...
Also this week:
- November – Legal – Roundup/review of cases/legal issues [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Jail Bureau Chief
The Jail Bureau Chief reports to the Pierce County Sheriff and is responsible for 335 FTEs and an annual budget of $49.5 million. The Chief is responsible for all jail operations, including security, health services, education, mail services, classification, property and records.
full job posting
- Dec 2–5 2013 - 2013 Veterans Treatment Court Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Dec 16–17 2013 - 2013 Annual Models for Change National Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. "