Safety of juvenile correction officers and support staff>>what's your opinion?
In our facility we are allowd to utilize mechanical restraint (Hand cuffs and leg irons) but only so after we have utilized and exhausted all other methods that are listed in our policy and procedure manual with regards to a acting out or assaultive and or self abusive juvenile resident, as they are called in our facility. ....
A Day in the Life of a WardenTimothy Jason Cronin
As Correctional Professionals we are often asked the same question from our network of family and friends; "what's your job like?” The general public seems fascinated by our occupation and work environment. Much of this curiosity is spawned from media coverage and Hollywood's romanticizing of a very serious and dangerous occupational choice.
Also this week:
- March – International – Highlighting corrections systems and personnel worldwide [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Corrections Officer (entry level)
The Correctional Officer performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain order and provide for the security, care and direct supervision of inmates/residents in housing units, at meals, during recreation, on work assignments and during all other phases of activity in a correctional facility....
full job posting
- Mar 19, 2014 – Broadcast - Realigning Training to Achieve Agency Goals
- Apr 03, 2014 – Health Reform and Criminal Justice: Advancing New Opportunities - Washington, D.C.
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- May 01-02, 2014 – Seattle, WA Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
quote of the week
" I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. "
— Thomas Jefferson