>> what's your opinion?
I am looking for a consultant, knowledgeable about the Federal and State DOC, specifically, someone who previously served as former Assistant Director for Federal/State DOC and who was responsible for health services and clinical programs...
view full thread
Young homeless adults and a charity that provides items to low-income families recently received more than $7,000 in new furniture, thanks to inmate work efforts at the Washington State Penitentiary. Incarcerated men who work in the prison's Sustainable Practices Lab (SPL) recently refurbished furniture donated to the facility from international furniture retailer Simpli Home and distributed it to two Kennewick charities. Types of furniture refurbished by the workers included tables, chairs, ottomans, and bookcases...
read full story
Also this week:
At CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking licensed professional counselors or licensed clinical social workers who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. In some areas these professions are also referred to as mental health therapist, mental health counselor, or psychology associate...
>> view full job posting
- Apr 21-24, 2017 - NCIA 2017 National Training Conference
- Apr 29-May 02, 2017 - Spring Conference on Correctional Healthcare
- May 04-05, 2017 - Seattle, WA: Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled Youth
- May 18-19, 2017 - 9th Annual Inland Empire Symposium
- May 18-22, 2017 - ASCA South Region Meeting
- June 07-10, 2017 - Western States ASCA Meeting
- Aug 18-22, 2017 - ACA's 147th Congress of Correction
- Sept 05-08, 2017 - The 58th Annual KCCD Conference
- Oct 12-13, 2017 - Breakthrough Management Strategies for Juvenile Justice Workers
All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.
- Ellen Glasgow