>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

innovative programming

Subscribe to innovative programming 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Drc logo small OHIOco 10 posts

Hello,

My name is Jacob Metzger. I work for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections. I am e-mailing you in regards to a scared straight type of program I want to start at my institution. I was hoping you might have some kind of resource that could help me with legal issues, liability issues and solutions to each of those. I was also wanting inquire as to see if you knew of any other agency I could contact to get some ideas. If you could get back with me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Female user yurtomato 1 post

NCCHC. Has a lot of articles on many correctional topics including Juveniles. But, I highly recommend asking an Early Childhood Education based College for any research they have done.
In my own experience, I find it is rarely too late. Education is the key. Exposing these juveniles to an education that they may have never been able to receive in a public classroom or on the streets that gives them a broad look at the world
Helps them. Egocentricity may hinder their development. Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology and the Arts help them understand themselves and others.
I use to tutor at Juvenile Hall befor becoming a Jail and Prison nurse. Their world changed for them after they got the self-confidence they needed after passing the GED or High School equivalency. They needed to feel they weren’t a failure. They needed to feel they belonged to humanity. They needed to feel they belonged and could help others.

Male user carsonsig 1 post

Hello everyone,

I am doing a report on innovative and or effective in commitment Programs for Juvenile offenders… can anyone point me towards a resource for reports/ info on this type of programming, or maybe just “I heard so and so county does x” and I can dig it up…

I appreciate any help you guys can give… your view on these programs is often different… thats why I logged in.. Have a good one!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015