How to get rid of anxiety and fear?

Subscribe to How to get rid of anxiety and fear? 14 posts, 8 voices

Login to reply

Female user elmaasheley147 2 posts

Always be happy

Male user bradshaw48 2 posts

Nice Post

Male user Mathew 4 posts

One aspect of anxiety is racing thoughts that won’t go away. Meditation helps with this part of the problem by quieting the overactive mind. Instead of buying into your fearful thoughts, you can start identifying with the silence that exists between every mental action. Through regular practice, you experience that you’re not simply your thoughts and feelings. You can detach yourself from these to rest in your own being. This involves remaining centered, and if a thought or outside trigger pulls you out of your center, your meditation practice allows you to return there again. Blepharitis

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well religion opens up another can of worms. Which one of the many mainstream religions that claim they are the only true one is right. Then don’t get me started on the corrupt men that do ungodly acts hiding in holy figure garbs. So lets roll over on medications. The fact that many medications cause so many more side effects then cure the condition. Modern medication is about curing symptoms not the underlying cause. I honestly have had enough run-ins with quacks that I doubt short of broken bones or life threatening illness I will simply self treat. It is amazing what good rest, exercise, and a healthy diet can do for you. Really exercise can actually regulate your hormones and have just as positive of an effect as some medications. You know without the suicidal thoughts and over active bladder.

Udwfnlq BROWNS2K 27 posts

Campi: I agree with most of what you said, but some people’s level of anxiety do make it rough for them to do daily activities that you or I can do. Also, medication can be a big help, if the right one and amount are prescribed. Sometimes getting to that exact point can cause problems, say ups and downs, but once reached, it can really be a major factor in someone overcoming their anxiety. There’s nothing non-manly about admitting you have anxiety or stress, both of them can be killers believe it or not. Now about this dying crap. Isn’t that what religion is for?!

I don’t know what the hell she’s butt hurt about. Calling someone a troll is upsetting her? I suggest she never go on the internet again, she’ll be offended by everything she see’s and reads. Her other blathering isn’t worth responding to. 2 posts and already a drama queen.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

Hold on now, this site is really getting out of hand. You mean we can’t even pull pony tails anymore?. I know I’ve been off this site for a while but damn the whole worlds going crazy.

Female user KKRN 2 posts

Dammit Browns2K take a Midol!! No need for name calling. That’s what we do in the third grade when we don’t have enough maturity or vocabulary to express ourselves properly. Do you still pull girls pony tails because you have a crush on them?

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

What do you mean “you and everybody you know is gonna to die”. That’s some very crazy talk, I mean if it isn’t, then you just gave out a super big spoiler alert here. Man I think I’m going to need a therapist now, thanks for the stress Campi

Well I am sorry you feel that way but fear is fear. There is no advice other then facing it that I can give. I do not have say any irrational fears like clowns or a tiny spider dose not make me flee a room and set it ablaze. I have a rational fear of heights. I face my fear every time I have to work on my roof or when a task needs taken care of. Do I go out of my way to say ride a roller coaster. No the answer is only if my daughter wants to ride one and it scares her. I simply suck it up and fight through it. I show my daughter that fear is okay to have but letting it effect your life to the point you can not function is not okay. Also taking medications to deal with not being comfortable with a situation when the meds can cause or make depression worse or one of the many 2 pages of tiny print that accompany them is not acceptable. So yes please go get told that its okay to be a weak individual who can not man or woman up. This is why the current generation is full of weaklings who can not face life and need therapist and medication to handle simple things like daily issues. There are serious mental issues out there like altered reality or even a inability to function due to lack of ability. These are rare. Everyone has some issue that makes them not “normal” all this means is they have to function or learn differently. This dose not give them a free pass to not function or deal with it. As young Huey from the Boondocks (great comedy) said. " The truth hurts. The world is a cold hard place and nobody gets anything for free. And you know what else? One day. You and everybody you know is gonna die."

And your out of line KKRN. Who the heck would come to a corrections site for any serious mental help???? Campi is entitled to his opinion without having someone with RN in their name call him out. I could have given her the same advice you did but I don’t answer to trolls.

Female user KKRN 2 posts

Sorry Campi, you’re out of line. When a person reaches out for help replying with “man up” is very inappropriate. Jessi89, I am a Mental Health Nurse and I can attest to the fact that anxiety is a very real thing. It can lead to panic attacks and addiction to alcohol if you try to self medicate. You are young and you are trying to make a place in world for yourself and it is understandable to feel anxious. The question is…. Is your anxiety situational or is it a chemical balance in the brain that can be corrected with medication. I suggest that you make an appointment with a Psychiatrist or a Therapist. They will talk with you and determine what you need. Good luck to you.

Fear I do not have any answer for it other then to man or woman up. As for the stress I suggest some sort of physical exercise (yoga, running, weight lift, ect.) Also make sure to make you time if you have a hobby or something you really enjoy find people who enjoy the same thing and have fun.

Female user jessi89 1 post

Hey!! I desperately need help. I’m 24 years old and started working as a Junior software programmer in an IT firm. I don’t know what is happening to me. I didn’t have any problems when I attended my schools or universities. This is the first time I’m very much conscious about myself. Whatever I do is all mistakes and I think it is because of my anxiety and fear of being judged by others. I’m worried if this anxiety will cause any mental issues. What should I do? One of my friends said it would be better to consider anti-anxiety medications from cbt associates Toronto ( http://www.cbtassociates.com/about-you/problems-addressed/anxiety/ ). Is the treatment worth spending money? Is this common when you enter to a new firm? How did you overcome this fear and anxiety? Any help is highly appreciated!!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015