>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Ohio Dept. of Corrections

Subscribe to Ohio Dept. of Corrections 9 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

Male user inmatesearch... 1 post

Hey,
Thanks for providing such a nice support and support, I really support you guys and i also would like to support the inmates, So if you guys looking for Texas inmates information and support then you may stay connect at http://www.tdcjinmatesearch.today and you will find all the necessary details over.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Your welcome… Now which one of you have the mental instability issues? Cause i’m going to find a bush of my own to go hide in.

Flag shakey 191 posts

As you can see I have two user names, could not remember my first one untill later. But don’t worry it’s still the same old me…or the other me…ok.. we got to go now.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Hummm, bushes, never thought to hide there. thanks Irish

ehhhh…. that sounds like you may be stalking yourself from the bushes somewhere.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

Oh yeah, falling in love…. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was walking in from the yard, man it was a scorcher outside I had sweat rolling off me so much it looked as if I had just pulled myself for the pool. I had to use the facilities and as I walked past the mirror, I stopped for a moment and really had a good chance to see myself and I realized right them and there, that I looked damn good in this uniform. Now don’t get me wrong, this relationship has had its ups and downs but all I have to do is just remember that one day from the past and alls good again.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

The test should be simple I passed without knowing any policies. I am sure there are some guides outhere online for study. As foir the family issues they just need to understand your thought process. If they are a good support system they will back you even if they do not agree with you. If not I dont know how much help they would be even if they are not on your side. My only real advice is so not be stupid like other females who come in and fall in love with the inmates. There are plenty of good men or women depending on your tastes at the time clock.

Hmmmm…. I’m curious to what part of the testing you didn’t pass. Of course the entrance exams have changed scince I hired in. Your other problem of a lack of home support system is a bit troubling in its own way. 99% of vets in this line of work will tell you support at home is very important, and I’ll agree with that out of my own experience. I would recommend having a good long sit down with your family and openly discuss why you want this job and why they disagree with it. Once all issues and concerns are out do some research including talking to veteran CO’s about the job. Maybe your family will support your decision or maybe you’ll discover this isn’t the line of work for you. However doubts in ones ability to do this job are not good things to bring inside. Doubt = hesitation and lack of action, and that can get yourself or others in bad situations. Now we all had our own doubts going in as new officers and thats normal, but you’ll have to judge for yourself if thats something you can work past. I’m not a “female” officer but maybe this will help.

Female user Christina 1 post

Hi, I just took my written assessment and unfortunately, I did not pass. I have never been good at written tests. I applied at Toledo Correctional, which is the closest prison to me. They told me I could apply again in Feb. I am thinking about it, but I have no family support at all. My family can’t understand why I would want to work in an all male max facility being that I am a woman. Mostly, it is the fact that I live in the Toledo area and like I said, this is the closest prison to me. I would love any advice or suggesstions from female corrections officers. Without the family support, I am starting to doubt whether I could do the job or not.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015