>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

which shoes or boots?

Subscribe to which shoes or boots? 43 posts, 22 voices

Login to reply

100 5886 Sarge276 45 posts

Wolverines are nice. Had a pair when I first started out in corrections. Was great when I got shook down, just slipped them off and right back on again. They would work great for an infirmary job, but not as practical for unit or barracks officers.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Meijer’s had some Bate’s a little while ago and I bought a pair of the side zippers one’s, good, comfortable boots and have lasted me a couple of years so far. Got another pair of Bate’s standard style tenni-boots shined up and waiting for when these crash. But I still might go back to the shoe store and try to swap out the 10.5 for the 10 to get the slip on style Wolverines. I work in the Infirmary, so I don’t have to worry to much that they’ll go flying off and hit another Officer while running to an assist. I think that with the AC I have in my work area here, if I fill cool, I may as well look cool…:}

Sorry for any missed spelled words or grammer errors.

Shakey, NW Territories are good. Brahma has a swat boot now. Costs about $30. I think I might get some of those when these wear out. I like the zippers, but I’d trade a zipper for durability and inexpensiveness any day.

Flag shakey 191 posts

When we have a K-Mart here I would buy 2 pair of their Northwest territory brand combat style boots, each would last about 1.5 years but hect they only cost like $25 and they fit great. ( nice spiffy shiney boots are good)

Not sure if Galls changed their contracted manufacturers or just materials but I had a pair of Galls that lasted me over 3 years before they started showing wear. Just recently replaced them with what I thought was the same boots. Haven’t had the dern things 5 months and the soles already starting to come loose. I might be going back to Magnums.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

You’ll be okay, Shakey. We all understand. We really do. :D

Flag shakey 191 posts

Oops, that should say (must have been divine fate.)

Flag shakey 191 posts

I’ll try to explain to the shoe store that most have been divine fate, when they find a box with a size 10 right boot and a 10 1/2 left one in it.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

It’s kismet, Shakey.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Damn boots, had them ordered in, now get this, got the box after 1 week had a pair of running shoes in it??. sent that them back and got the boots a week later and the darn things don’t fit. seems that Wolverine boots won’t fit my right foot. I know I’m kind of odd but I didn’t need a damn shoe company to prove it either.

Female user Swartz 14 posts

I agree with Mick thumbs up for a pair of Magnum boots,our uniform is brown,I have a brown lace up boot with a side zip on the inside.

Flag shakey 191 posts

I got a black pair of Wolverine slip on boots (like the roper/cowboy style) coming in the mail anytime now. They fit nice at the store and had good traction, can’t wait to get them. Plus I can wear them while on the motorcycle.

Male user StoneCold 6 posts

I bought the Bates brand that wolverine makes. two days now and pretty darn comfy

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Sounds Like the Aussie Corrections. LOL

Flag shakey 191 posts

I was just thinking….now wait a minute, before you guys start rolling your eyes, because even I know thats not a good sign, me thinking and all but, If we were working in the Florida Keys, do you think they would allow us to wear black sandels and bermuda shorts and maybe those floppy silk style shirts that catch the breeze?. Now that would be comfortable.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Personally I find “Magnum’s” very comfortable

Flag shakey 191 posts

For shoes I have the New Balance 609, they have simular styles but they are not bad but thats if you can wear running shoes. Mainly you feet are going to like different styles and makes for both shoes and boots, Rocky’s-Bates-Galls are but a few of the foot wear complanys that have a large following but you can get a pair from wal-mart that fit you better and some times last longer. It’s all about what your feet tell you they like the best.

Male user StoneCold 6 posts

What is the most comfortable boots or shoes that you have found that are black

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015