>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Police have no clue what we do

Subscribe to Police have no clue what we do 38 posts, 11 voices

Login to reply

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

At the end of the day we are different branches on the same tree. Cops enforce the law on the streets. We enforce the law in the Prisons and Jails. The only difference is our crims don’t have access to guns but they out number us. As someone once said we are like a Police Dept working in a town populated entirely by criminals

Dream car BridgeportCO 63 posts

Jamestown hopefully being a female myself it won’t amaze me so much, I know women are crazy, mean and competitive! I totally agree with police needing respect, I wouldn’t want their job any more than they want mine I’m sure.

Untitled Slim 57 posts

Even though we both do jobs that deal with criminals and danger, I would rather work in the prison than on the streets. At least we know our surroundings, and with enough practice, we become very good at dealing with most situations. They walk the unknown every day, and often don’t know who’s the good guy or the bad guy. You have to respect them for their courage.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Oh Bridgeport I agree totally with that statement. I had to cover for lunch several times in the female pod. Wow…what drama…

Dream car BridgeportCO 63 posts

I had a guy tell me last week that he would rather deal with his 2100 men than my 200 women.

Male user commander 277 posts

During the riot, as I was walking in to work back in 1993, there was a State Trooper parked about every 50 yards or so around the outside perimeter fence. I had a Trooper tell me one day, you couldn’t pay me enough to work in there. You guys are crazy. Made my head swell but, in the same sense it made me realize that not many can do our job. Like your calculations Transporter. Money like that would bring me out of retirement. LOL.

Horn toad Transporter 41 posts

I have been told we are just glorified babysitters as well. I like to think that someday that will be the case and the powers that be will pay us like a babysitter. Foe example: A babysitter gets say $5 a kid/person per hour. I am watching (in essence) 400 people for 40 hours a week. What’s that mean in terms of $$? $80,000 a week. I’ll take it. I’ll even pay my own insurance.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Some police I’ve talked to say they’d never do what I do and others say I’m just a babysitter. Like all of your comments before this has been my experience as well. 1 of my squad leaders in my guard mp unit, who was 1 of only a handful of people I looked up to, said he respected what we do and would never do it cuz of the lack of firearms. He also knows how I carry and present myself and said he’d never even think about acting the way I do in here!

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

We have a very good working relationship with our Police. The unit I worked in for several years worked hand in hand with them and gave them a good insight into what we do.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Usually my exchanges with cops go fairly smooth. When I worked max security at SOCF I always found humor in the way they looked at us when we told them they would have to turn in their weapons before going inside. It was like they couldn’t even imagine walking down the hallway filled with criminals without a sidearm.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

Mixed review,some of them think we are nothing more them babysitters to those that actually gived us respect.“I wouldn’t want you’re job,we arrest them and you have to deal with them.”
Some on occasions have given me professional courtesy,I don’t brag about being a correction officer until I am asked for ID…certain family member getting in trouble ..On the other side..they consider us nothing more than turn keys all day.Open and close gates…to babysitters as I mention.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well my dealing with cops in the institution is that they are mostly professional. Though this is in a state prison not a receiving. They get quite impatient waiting on inmates to go back to court or released on detainer. As for my experience with them on the streets they are pretty much unable to do their jobs. I am sorry when you can have drug dealers living on your street after making it known to their drug enforcement taskforce and nothing happens for over a year but they can give you a parkign ticket for your vehicle facing the “wrong” way on the proper side of the road you wonder if they just catch criminals by chance.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Just wondering what each of you think about police officers, Deputy Sheriffs, State Troopers when they come into the facility with some goofball, hog-tied and really pissed off, drunk then dump him on the floor and say, “see ya”

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015